1. My uncle once, no, make that many, many times referred to me as ” the shrimp.” I’m still offended.
2. Never in my life do I imagine I’ll run a marathon.
3. When I was five I was often complimented on my handwriting and my rhythm.
4. High school was not as fun as college.
5. I will never forget walking the Great Wall, standing in Red Square, or that feeling in my stomach when Jon became more than a friend.
6. Once I met that boy from “What About Bob?” who played the kid obsessed with death. Wow.
7. There’s this guy I know that I would love to introduce to my friend Katherine.
8. Once, at a bar, my old boss encouraged me to go home with a guy who was hitting on me. Gross.
9. By noon, I’m usually wondering how much damage sitting in front of a computer all morning has done to me.
10. Last night, I came home after work pretty dang tired, so Jon took me to Culver’s and then we watched Lars and the Real Girl.
11. If only I had really paid attention to Jon 7 years ago, we could have been married for so much longer!
12. Next time I go to church … I will feel sad that I said I was “going to church” since the church isn’t a building, but a people.
13. What worries me most is worry.
14. When I turn my head left I see an espresso wood cabinet holding some of my favorite serving platters, two beautiful candlesticks I salvaged from an old building, and 4 bottles of wines in a cute little rack.
15. When I turn my head right I see my recently uber-clean kitchen which has seen quite a bit of traffic today.
16. You know I’m lying when I try to change the subject really quickly.
17. What I miss most about the Eighties is my side-ponytails. I look dang-good with side-ponies.
18. If I were a character in Shakespeare I’d be Beatrice from Much Ado About Nothing. Hands down.
19. By this time next year I’ll be pregnant?
20. A better name for me would be Maria.
21. I have a hard time understanding why Jesus doesn’t just come back already.
22. If I ever go back to school, I’ll study public policy, academic affairs, theology, counseling, rhetoric or french.
23. You know I like you if I am comfortable with our silence.
24. If I ever won an award, the first person I would thank would be my husband.
25. Take my advice, read a lot. then do something about it.
26. My ideal breakfast is french toast with fruit (a la uncommon ground).
27. A song I love but do not have is If I Had A Boat by Lyle Lovett.
28. If you visit my hometown, wave hello to Prince’s Paisley Palace, then head down to Excelsior to walk along Lake Minnetonka.
29. Why won’t people all get along? (Good call, Laura)
30. If you spend a night at my house, I’ll be giddy. I love overnight guests.
31. I’d stop my wedding for a life or death crisis.
32. The world could do without Hummers. (Again, Laura, good call.)
33. I’d rather lick the belly of a cockroach than eat sushi for life.
34. My favorite blondie is definitely Jon – wait, blondie? I thought that said baldie. Oops.
35. Paper clips are more useful than not having paper clips.
36. If I do anything well it’s being empathetic.
37. I can’t help but laugh when Jon uses his Mexican accent when he’s being romantic.
38. I usually cry … can I just add a period there?
39. My advice to my nephew is to learn to say mom before you learn to say Uncle Jon. I guarantee your mom will appreciate it more.
40. And by the way, you’re it!